1. Why Takaful Elite Life?
Choose the Takaful Elite Life Plan to get
- An end to end Shari'a compliant plan with value added benefits
- A high coverage ceiling of up to - OMR 100,000 for Plan 1 and OMR 250,000/- for Plan 2
- Low contributions
- Coverage for Annual Family travel Takaful (Spouse + max. 3 children up to the age of 18 years) in US Dollars
- Coverage for personal gadgets – Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smartphones
- 24x7 worldwide coverage
- Lump sum pay out and 25 monthly payouts on Death
- A convenient process with quick application turnaround, simple procedures and no medical tests
2. Is the Coverage restricted to Oman?
We offer global 24x7 High Value Life and Annual Takaful cover and coverage for Gadgets Protection (within Oman only)
3. Is a health checkup part of the eligibility criteria for this plan?
No, there is no health checkup or examination required for enrollment in this plan
- For PLAN 1 there is no Health Checkup or Medical Questionnaire required for enrollment in this plan.
- For PLAN 2 Medical Questionnaire required irrespective of the age.
4. How many trips are covered with Annual Family Travel Takaful
Unlimited trips outside Oman will be covered during the policy period, and a single trip shall be covered up to a maximum of 90 days. The customers will have the facility to attain a Travel Takaful Membership Certificate for Visa purposes.
5. What does the coverage for personal gadgets include?
Personal Gadgets are covered against Accidental Damage, Theft, Fraudulent Call use, Breakdown and Accidental Loss
6. Is there an excess to be paid while claiming under Gadget Takaful
An excess of OMR 30 will be have to be paid by the customer
7. What is the coverage limit for Gadget Takaful?
The Sum Cover limit is OMR 500
8. What are the eligibility requirements for plan enrollment?
The Participant should meet the eligibility conditions as stipulated by the Bank. The Covered Person and spouse shall be within the age criteria mentioned herein.
- Minimum age at entry : 18 completed years.
- Maximum age at entry : 60 completed years.
- Maximum coverage age : 65 completed years.
The Participant should have a valid Oman residence visa for expatriates or National Identity Card for Oman Nationals.
9. What are the Contribution payment options?
The Contribution payment has to be made annually.
10. Is there a free look/trial(can we call this a trial period?) period under this Policy?
Yes. This policy entitles you full refund of Contribution if you decide to cancel within first 30 days of enrollment. The Company reserves the right to decline a second application following the cancellation of the first application under this plan from the same Participant.
11. Can I cancel my coverage at any time? Will I be eligible to get a refund after cancelling a policy if Annual Contribution is paid in advance?
Yes, you can cancel the policy any time and 80% of the unearned Contribution shall be refunded on a pro- rata basis for the balance of the months of cover due under the Policy.
12. Will I still be able to avail of this coverage If I cease to be a resident of Oman?
13. What if the customer already has a Life Insurance/Takaful Policy or similar plan with another Takaful /Insurance Provider?
This Policy is independent of any other insurance/Takaful policy held by the Participant for High Value Life Takaful Cover however for Worldwide Travel Takaful and Gadget Takaful this Policy shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of such loss or damage.
14. Can the benefits under the cover terminate without customer instruction?
Yes, under the following circumstances:
15. What is the turnaround time in case of a claim Settlement?
- the date the Takaful Policy is terminated
- the date the named Participant is no longer eligible within the definition of Participant;
- the Contribution due date if the required Contribution is not paid within the Grace Period
- the date the benefits are paid to the extent of the Principal Sum Cover in respect of the Participant
- the date the Participant(s) has completed 65 years of age.
The claim settlement would take 15 working days from the date of submission of the complete supporting documents.
16. What is the required documentation to file a claim?
|Death Claims||Annual Family Takaful Travel Cover Claims |||
- Takaful Membership Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Post-mortem Report (wherever legally required)
- Police Report (if due to accident)
- Medical Report
- Copy of Passport with valid Visa Page (expatriates) or National identity card (Omani nationals)
- Any other documents as may be required to substantiate the claim.
- Death Certificate
- Police Report
- Disability Certificate from an authorised medical practitioner to assess disability
- Police Report , Medical Report
Emergency Medical Claims
- Detailed Medial report
- Invoice for medicines/facilities
- Air ticket
- Cash receipt by hospital
- Proof of repatriation expense
Cancellation & Curtailment Claims
- Death or medical certificate of Participant's close relative causing cancellation of trip
- Evidences of other reasons for cancellation
Travel Delay Claims
- Written confirmation from the airline or shipping line with reason and period of delay
Delayed Baggage Claims
- Written confirmation from the airline or shipping line stating the reason and period of delay
- Bills and invoices for emergency consumables
Loss of Personal Money/Baggage claims
- Written confirmation from carrier that baggage is "non-traceable" or "lost"
- Police report, Airlines, Shipping Lines in respect of loss of baggage
Loss of Passport claims
- Copy of notification given to the nearest Embassy
- Written report from Embassy ,
- Police Report
Personal Liability Claims
- Notice of claim lodged on the participant by
- Copies of Correspondence exchanged between participant and third party
|Gadget Takaful Claims|
Theft or Loss Claims
- Crime reference/Lost Property number and a copy of the Police Crime report – within 24 hours
- Contact network provider within 12 hours
All Claims (within 30 days)
- Claim form issued by the company
- Police Crime Reference/Lost Property Number (where applicable)
- Proof of violent and forcible entry (where applicable)
- Proof of purchase
- Any other requested documentation.
Note: Submission of Takaful Membership Certificate mandatory for all claims
17. What are the main exclusions?
For High Value Life Takaful Cover
For Annual Family Travel Takaful Cover
- Active participation in any war,
- Engaged in aviation, gliding, or any other form of aerial flight other than as a fare paying passenger or pilot or crew
- Any breach of Criminal law
- Attempted suicide within 1 year
- Any deliberate self-inflicted injury
- Accidental or deliberate spread or use of Nuclear, Biological or Chemical material
- Infection HIV, Aids
- Terminal Illness, Kidney Failure and Cancer within 12 months
- Death due to Pre-existing medical condition within 6 months
For Gadget Takaful
- Active participation in any war
- Use of radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties
- Supersonic Travel
- Direct/Indirect effects of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), AIDS
- Any willful self-injury, suicide, attempted suicide, deliberate exposure to exceptional danger
- alcohol abuse, drug abuse , any anxiety or depression;
- pregnancy or childbirth if the baby is due during the Covered Trip or within 12 weeks of the end of the Covered Trip;
- engaging in flying of any kind other than as a passenger;
- motor cycling more than 125cc, no driving license
- Undertaking any form of hazardous work
- Competing in or practicing for speed or time trials, sprints or racing of any kind;
- Engaging in active services in the Armed Forces of any nation.
- Journey is undertaken against the advice of a currently qualified medical practitioner.
- Any property or expense more specifically covered under any other insurance.
- fraudulent use of credit cards
- attempt to commit an unlawful act
- Costs which would have been payable if the event giving rise to a claim had not occurred.
- Journey that exceeds the 90 days duration of cover.
- Pre-existing diseases of any kind.
- Consequential loss of any nature contributed to by an act of terrorism
- The amount of the excess which applies to each and every claim
- Any theft or loss unless supported by a Police Report.
- Any claim involving theft or loss unless reported to the appropriate local Police authorities within 24 hours
- Theft of the gadget from unoccupied premises unless there is evidence of violent and forcible entry to the premises.
- Theft of the gadget left unattended in a public place
- Theft of the gadget from the person unless force, pickpocketing or threat of violence is used.
- Theft or loss of, or accidental damage to, the gadget whilst on loan to anyone else other than your immediate family.
- Loss or theft of, or damage to, additional equipment or accessories other than SIM or PCIMA cards
- Any claim where the IMEI/Serial number cannot be determined from covered gadget.
- Any loss of or damage to information or data or software
- Any claim resulting from the failure of any electrical or computer equipment,
- Routine repairs or other costs
- Any kind of damage whatsoever unless the damaged gadget is provided for repair.
- Reconnection costs or subscription fees of any kind
- The cost of replacing any personalized ring tones or graphics, downloaded material or software
- Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the gadget
- Any claim where the loss occurred during the exclusion period
Note: For a gadget without SIM or PCIMA card capability, all exclusions relating to SIM or PCIMA cards are not applicable.
Note: Please refer to the Takaful Elite Life Plan Terms and Conditions
for complete list of exclusions.