Q. What are the USP's of Himayati My Health Plus?
A. The USP's are as follows:
- Sharia compliant
- 24 hours worldwide cover
- Hassle free Enrollment. No Medical Examination is required
- Comprehensive coverage at a very low premium
- Lump sum payout upon diagnosis of one or more of the listed Women Cancers.
- Life Style benefits following the death of the spouse (husband)
- Premium can be paid monthly or annually
Q. What are the benefits covered in the Policy?
A. 1. Death of the Husband due to an accident or sickness/natural cause
2. Women Cancers - namely
- Breast Cancer
- Ovaries Cancer
- Cancer in fallopian tubes
- Cancer of Uterus
- Cervix Cancer
- Vagina Cancer
- Vulva Cancer
Q. Who is eligible for this Plan?
A. All customers of NBO residing in Oman between the age of 18 to 64 years.
Q. What is the commencement date?
A. Commencement date is the date the customer is enrolled for this Plan with NBO.
Q. How can I Enroll for this cover?
A. Contact nearest branch of NBO or the call center.
Q. Is the Coverage restricted to Oman?
A. The coverage is World Wide – 24x7
Q. What are the eligibility requirements?
- Insured Person should meet the eligibility conditions as stipulated by the Bank to become accountholder.
- Insured Person and spouse shall be within the age criteria mentioned herein.
Minimum age at entry : 18 completed years.
Maximum age at entry : 64 completed years.
Maximum coverage age : 65 completed years.
- The Insured Person should have a valid Oman residence visa for expatriates or National Identity Card (Nationals only).
Q. Is Health Check-up required for taking this Plan?
A. No health checkup is required.
Q. What are the Sum Assured / Limits of Indemnity?
|Benefits||Sum Insured in OMR|
|Plan 1||Plan 2||Plan 3||Plan 4|
|Accidental Death of the husband||20,000||50,000||NIL||NIL|
|Death of the husband due to Sickness or Natural causes||10,000||20,000||NIL||NIL|
|Following the death of the Husband, the wife will be eligible for the following life support benefits paid as lump sum benefit;|
- Skill Enhancement Allowance
- Children Education Fees Support
- Health Care Allowance
- Rent Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Breast Cancer (one or both)
- Ovaries Cancer (one or both)
- Cancer in fallopian tubes (one or both)
- Cancer of Uterus
- Cervix Cancer
- Vagina Cancer
- Vulva Cancer
Q. What are the Premium payment options?
A . Customer can choose to pay the Premium either monthly or annually.
Q . Can the Insured Person claim under both the sections of the Policy?
A. Yes, the first section pays the benefit in the event of death of the husband (spouse of Insured Person), the second section pays a benefit when the Insured Person is diagnosed with a covered cancer and living. The policy terminates upon payout of one claim.
Q. Is there a free look period under the Policy?
A. Yes. This policy entitles you full refund of contribution if you decide to cancel within first 30 days of enrollment. The Company reserves the right to decline a second application following the cancellation of the first application under this plan, from the same Covered Person.
Q. Can I cancel my coverage at any time? Will I be eligible to get a refund after cancelling a policy if annual Premium is paid in advance?
A. Yes you can cancel the policy any time, 80% of the unearned Premium shall be refunded on a pro rata basis for the balance of the months of cover due under the Policy.
Q. What if I cease to be a resident of Oman, do I still get the cover?
Q. What if the customer already has a Life Insurance Policy or similar plan with other Takaful /Insurance Provider?
A. This Plan is independent of any other Takaful /Insurance Plans taken by the Insured Person. The policy will pay the benefit.
Q. Can the benefits under the cover terminate in respect of customer without his instructions?
A. Yes, under the following circumstances:
- the date the Covered Person is no longer eligible within the definition of Covered Person(s);
- the date the benefits are paid to the extent of the principal sum in respect of any Covered Person;
- the date the Covered Person or spouse has attained the age of 65 years
- the date the Covered Person is no longer resident of Oman.
Q. What is the Evidence of Insurability or any medical examinations to be conducted?
A. No medical tests are required to enroll.
Q. What would be the documentation in case of a claim?
A. The documentation is as follows:
Section 1- Death Benefit
- Death certificate
- Post mortem report (wherever legally required)
- Police report (if Death was due to an accident)
- Medical report from an authorized medical practitioner with detailed diagnosis and cause of Death if required by the Company when the actual cause of Death is not clearly mentioned in the Death certificate.
- Copy of passport with valid visa page (in case of Expatriates)/ National Identity Card (in case of Nationals)
- Any other documents as may be required to substantiate the claim
Section 2- Women Cancer Benefit
- Medical report from an authorized medical practitioner diagnosing female cancer..
- Copy of Passport (with residence visa page for expatriates) or National Identity Card (Nationals only)
- Any other documents as may be required to substantiate the claim.
Q. What is the TAT in case of a claim Settlement?
A. The claim settlement would take 15 working days from the date of submission of the complete supporting documents.
Q. What are the main exclusions?
A . Exclusions in respect of death due to sickness benefit
- Pre-existing Illness, however it is covered after 12 months from the Commencement Date.
Exclusions applicable to Accidental death benefit
- Participating in hazardous sports.
- Resulting from intoxication or due to the influence of any narcotic or drug unless administered on the advice of a physician.
Exclusions applicable to Female Cancers
- Waiting Period - 120 days of the Commencement Date
- Due to chronic illness / condition
- Illness due to Pre-existing Illness or condition.
General Exclusions applicable to all sections
- War and allied perils, however Passive War is covered.
- Any breach of criminal law
- Attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury, however covered after 1 year
- Loss resulting from accidental or deliberate spread or use of Nuclear, Biological or Chemical material including loss,
- Due to Human Immunodeficiency Virus(HIV) and/or any HIV related illness including Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and/or any mutant derivatives or variations thereof