1. What are the criteria to purchase a Himayati Motor Insurance Policy?
- Our motor insurance policies offer a wide range of cover as per the below:
- National Bank of Oman customers who own cars.
- The car must be registered in Oman to a citizen or legal resident.
- Insurance is available to private individuals purchasing new or used vehicles including taxis, taxi buses, driving school vehicles, etc.
- Insurance coverage is also extended to company-registered vehicles for social, commercial and domestic use.
2. What are the documents I need to insure my vehicle?
- Completed motor application form.
- ID card copy.
- Valid driving license copy.
- Valid car registration copy for used cars.
- Invoice copy from dealer for new cars.
- Premium payment as agreed.
- ‘No claim discount’ letter (if any).
3. How do you calculate my insurance premium?
Insurance premium is calculated based on a number of key factors,including the age of the driver,length of driving experience,claims history,location,vehicle value and vehicle type,among others.
4. As a National Bank of Oman Sadara customer, do I receive any additional benefits?
Yes, AXA offers our Sadara customers three exclusive benefits over and above their standard motor insurance policy features:
- Personal accident cover increased to OMR 20,000.
- Upgraded free rental car for seven days in case of a claim.
- Off road cover for four-wheel drive vehicles.
5. Why can’t the insurance and registration be in two different names?
The policyholder should be the registered owner and primary driver of the car with a financial interest in the vehicle. The traffic department will only register a vehicle in the name of the policyholder stated on the insurance certificate.
6. Why can't the insurance be transferred when the vehicle is sold?
As insurance premium is affected by the profile of the driver, it isn’t possible to transfer motor insurance from one owner to another. The existing policy must be cancelled and the new owner will be issued a fresh insurance policy that is required for registration purposes.
7. How does AXA’s motor insurance differ from other insurance companies?
Along with the security and service standards of a large international operation, AXA provides one of the highest levels of motor protection in the Middle East, including 24-hour accident recovery and guaranteed repairs among other benefits.
8. Can I choose the garage for my vehicle repairs?
If you have opted for agency repairs in your policy, then your vehicle will be repaired at the main authorized dealership. Otherwise AXA will select one of its authorized repairers based on the vehicle type, nature of damage and availability.
9. How do I make an insurance claim?
AXA's contact numbers for claims/enquiries are as follows:
Phone – 24400100
Fax – 24400159
Timing: 8am to 5pm (Sunday to Thursday)
10. What are the criteria for the Motor Executive Insurance cover?
You can enjoy the benefits of Motor Executive Insurance if you have a ‘no claim discount’ letter for three or more years.
11. Does this policy cover riots, strikes and civil commotion?
12. Does this policy cover sports cars?
13. Can I apply for Himayati Motor Insurance through National Bank of Oman’s Internet Banking portal?
Not at the moment. You can only apply through your nearest National Bank of Oman branch in the Sultanate.
14. When I can get my insurance policy and Royal Oman Police (ROP) form issued?
The ROP form and the insurance policy number will be issued immediately by the branch at which you apply, upon payment of the premium. You can collect the policy documents at a later time from the bank branch of AXA office.
15. What is the policy period?
A motor insurance policy is valid for a period of one year and has to be renewed before the due date.