1. I have an old car. Can you provide comprehensive cover for all vehicles irrespective of vehicle age?
No. Comprehensive cover is available only for vehicles up to the age of 7years. If you require Comprehensive cover for any vehicles over 7 years, your application will need to be referred to takaful company who will review each case and will be as supportive as possible in helping you with your requirements.
2. I have a comprehensive car takaful policy. What will it cover?
- Damage to your motor vehicle due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, theft, or a malicious act unless specifically excluded
- Expenses against third party bodily injury/ property damage arising out of use of the participant vehicle
3. I only have a third party liability policy. What will it cover?
- Death or bodily injury to any third party/person.
- Damages to third party property arising out of the use of your motor vehicle.
4. What is the excess (deductible) if I claim?
The fixed amount specified in the policy schedule to be borne by the Participant for each accident. Our standard excess is RO 50.
5. I have just had an accident. What do I need to do to apply for a claim?
In the unfortunate event of a claim you will need to submit the following documents along with your claim form:
- TO Claim Form
- MRTA (Minor Road Traffic Accident Form) in case of minor accidents
- Copy of driving license
- Copy of registration card (mulkhiya)
- Police report
6. Am I eligible for agency repair cover?
We offer agency repair cover upto 2 years for retail customers & upto 5 years for Sadara customers at an additional contribution.
7. Do you provide motor takaful for high value cars and sport cars?
Takaful for high-value cars above RO 50k or sports cars can be arranged on a referral basis to the takaful company.
8. Can I cancel my policy at any time?
Policy cancellations may be considered in the following circumstances:
- Cancellation of the vehicle registration and validated by the ROP
- Transfer of ownership of the vehicle to another person
- The vehicle is covered by another insurer
Policy will be cancelled only after producing valid proof for all the above
9. If the policy is cancelled, do you return the contribution for the unexpired period?
Contribution for the unexpired period is returned as long as no claims were made during the takaful period. The refund is calculated on short period basis as per the CMA.
10. Why can't the takaful and registration be in two different names?
This is an Oman Traffic law requirement.
11. What is an Orange card? When is it required? How do I get one?
An Orange card is a document developed by GAIF (General Arab Insurance Federation) for facilitating easier Motor claim settlement within its member countries. The Orange Card covers damages caused to/by the Participant to/by a Third Party in a foreign GAIF member country.
An Orange Card is required when you are visiting UAE or any one of the GAIF member countries.
12. Can you extend the replacement car service beyond 15 days?
NO, the car replacement option is maximum only for 15 days, also this option can be availed on the condition that at time of claim, vehicle is in garage for repair for min of 48 hours
13. How can the customer get Travel Takaful certificate under the Mapfre cover?
If the customer has availed Mapfre (Road Side Assistance) option, travel cover is provided free and if the customer needs the certificate, then he/she will have to submit the 1st page of Passport scan copy with the policy number to Takaful Oman who will provide the certificate for the same. Also in case of a claim, customer can call the toll free number 24785486 which is mentioned in the Mapfre card.