We welcome you as a National Bank of Oman Credit Cardholder to enjoy the benefits of this Credit Shield Insurance provided by Oman Insurance Company. We request you to go through the Cover details in order to understand thoroughly the extent and terms of the Cover offered.
- 24-hour worldwide cover for Death PTD and critical illness benefits with automatic enrolment.
- No medical examination/check is required.
- Three months free cover for new subscribers.
- Low monthly rate of 0.59% of your last credit card statement balances.
- Credit spend by supplementary cardholders is also covered.
- All the insured persons are automatically covered at the date of Commencement Date.
- The first three months of the Cover is free of charge and thereafter a nominal rate of 0.59% will be applied on the total outstanding amount in each month's card statement.
- The cover is applicable only for Primary Cardholders and excludes corporate and lodged cards.
- The Cardholder should be of age between 18 to 64 years.
- The Territorial Limit is worldwide.
- The Cover is subject to the jurisdiction of the competent courts of Sultanate of Oman.
- National Bank of Oman reserves the right, at any time, to change the terms, conditions, rates and/or reject, discontinue or cancel the Cover applicable without assigning any reason thereof.
- Death or Disablement or Critical Illness could be due to any cause except those expressly excluded.
- National Bank of Oman is not at any time considered as an agent of Oman Insurance Company the Insurance Provider. Any claims or contestations for any insurance coverage can however be negotiated directly with Oman Insurance Company, Oman, through the Insured offices.
- Accident means where the bodily injury is caused solely and directly by external violent means, is unexpected, unforeseeable and not attributable to the Cardholder's intentional self-injury or suicide.
- Insured means National Bank Of Oman (NBO).
- Benefit means the indemnity payable under the scope of this Cover in respect of Death or Permanent Total Disablement or Critical Illness.
- Cardholder means a Primary Account holder of the Credit Card Facility with the Insured who has not unsubscribed to the benefits under this cover and has not been disqualified by the provisions of this policy to be eligible to receive the benefits under this policy.
- Commencement Date means the date the Cardholder is enrolled for this cover or the date of inception of this cover whichever is later. Cardholders are automatically enrolled for this cover on issuance of credit card.
- Company means the Oman Insurance Company P.S.C., Oman.
- Cover means the Benefit offered by the Insured in association with the Company.
- Cover Period means the period after Commencement Date during which the benefits under this Cover shall apply.
- Credit means the credit or other form of financial accommodation provided by the Insured to the Cardholder under the Credit Card Facility.
- Credit Card Facility means the Insured's Credit Card Facility including any Supplementary Cards, which have been nominated as the facilities to which the benefits under this Cover are to apply.
Critical Illness means any of the following:
A disease manifested by the presence of a malignant tumour characterized by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells, and the invasion of tissue. The term cancer also includes leukaemia and malignant disease of the lymphatic system such as Hodgkin's Disease.
Any non-invasive cancer in-situ, Hodgkin's Disease state 1, prostate cancer stage A, all skin cancers except invasive malignant melanoma (starting with Clark Level III) and any malignant tumour in the presence of any Human Immunodeficiency Virus are excluded.
- Heart attack (myocardial infarction)
- The death of a portion of the heart muscle as a result of inadequate blood supply to the relevant area.
- The diagnosis for this will be evidenced by all of the following criteria:
- Â· history of typical chest pain
- Â· new electrocardiogram changes
- Â· elevation of infarction specific enzymes
- Â· Non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI) with elevation of troponin I or T is excluded.
Any cerebrovascular incident producing neurological sequelae lasting more than 24 hours and including infarction of brain tissue, haemorrhage and embolization from an extracranial source. Evidence of neurological deficit for at least 3 months has to be produced.
- Coronary artery (bypass) surgery
The actual undergoing of open chest surgery for the correction of one or more coronary arteries, which are narrowed or blocked, by coronary artery bypass graft (CABG). The surgery must have been proven to be necessary by means of coronary angiography. With regard to this cover, angioplasty and/or any other intra-arterial procedures are excluded.
- Kidney failure (end-stage renal disease)
End-state renal disease presented as chronic irreversible failure of both kidneys to function, as a result of which either regular renal dialysis (haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis) is instituted or renal transplantation is carried out.
- Major organ transplantation
The actual undergoing of transplantation as the recipient of a heart, lung, liver, pancreas, kidney or bone marrow.
Unequivocal diagnosis of multiple sclerosis by a consultant neurologist holding such an appointment at an approved hospital. The Cardholder must exhibit neurological abnormalities that have existed for a continuous period of at least six months or must have had at least two clinically documented episodes. This must be evidenced by the typical symptoms of demyelisation and impairment of motor and sensory functions.
Date of Event means any one of the following:
- In respect of death the date of death resulting from an accident or illness happening after the Commencement Date and during the policy period.
- In respect of Permanent Total Disablement the date of recognition of Permanent Total Disablement by a competent authority resulting from an accident or illness happening / manifesting after the Commencement Date and during the policy period.
- In respect of Critical Illness the date of diagnosis of Critical Illness by a competent authority resulting from an accident or illness happening / manifesting after the Commencement Date and during the policy period.
Death means death due to any cause except those expressly excluded.
Illness means a disease or sickness first occurring after the Commencement Date.
Indebtedness means the total amount outstanding in the Card Holder's Credit Card Facility as on the Date of Event but excluding any Credit facility availed after the Date of Event subject to a maximum of the Cardholder's credit limit.
Injury means bodily injury resulting from an Accident occurring after the Commencement Date.
Maximum Coverage Age means 65 years
Permanent Total Disablement means either of the below as a result of the injury or illness arising out of a cause not specifically excluded under this policy:
- Permanent Loss of sight of both eyes
- Physical severance/amputation of two limbs
- Complete and Permanent Paralysis
- Totally Disabled and the Cardholder is rendered unable to earn income in any occupation, trade or profession for which the Cardholder could reasonably be expected to be suited through education, training or experience
Provided that the disability shall be for a period of six consecutive months and that the Company is satisfied that the Cardholder will be so rendered indefinitely. However this time limit shall not apply to cases of physical severance/amputation of limbs.
Pre-existing Condition means illness, disease or sickness occurring or manifesting prior to the Commencement Date, for which advice or treatment was sought or obtained from a medical practitioner, chiropractor, naturopath, or any other practitioner of a similar kind within twelve months immediately prior to the Commencement Date.
Death due to any cause
In respect of Death of the Primary Cardholder, the Cardholder's Indebtedness as on the Date of Event subject to a maximum of OMR 10,000/-
PTD due to any cause
In respect of Permanent Total Disablement of the Primary Cardholder, the Cardholder's Indebtedness as on the Date of Event subject to a maximum of OMR 10,000/-
In respect of the Primary Cardholder being diagnosed with any of the covered critical illness the Cardholder's Indebtedness as on Date of Event subject to a maximum of 100% of the Credit Limit and subject to an overall cap of OMR 10,000/-
1. No Benefits under this Cover shall be applicable in respect of a Cardholder where the Event giving rise to a claim under this Cover occurs as a result of:
- Death by suicide within 12 months of the commencement date;
- Illness occurring within 30 days of the commencement date;
- Any deliberate self - inflicted injury and / or self-medication (without a proper prescription from an legally recognised medical practioner);
- The effects or complications arising from pregnancy;
- Any accident occurring on or in or about any aircraft other than an aircraft in which the Cardholder was travelling as a bona fide passenger and which is operated by a licensed commercial or chartered airline;
- Nuclear radiation, nuclear fission, nuclear fusion and/or radioactive contamination
- Riot, civil commotion, strikes and war (whether war be declared or not), rebellion, insurrection, resurrection, popular rising, usurped power, terrorism
- The influence of alcohol or drugs other than proper use of drugs prescribed by a legally qualified medical practitioner but this exclusion shall not apply to Death arising out of the above reason.
- Due to chronic illness / condition but this exclusion shall not apply to Death resulting from chronic illness / condition.
- Illness due to pre-existing condition but this exclusion shall not apply in respect of Death occurring after a continuous period of 6 months from the Commencement Date in respect of the particular Cardholder. However, this exclusion is applicable only if the Company is able to substantiate pre-existing condition within 1 month from the date of submission of all required claims documentation to the Company.
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), AIDS related Complex (ARC) as defined by the World Health Organisation from time to time; or the presence of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) as revealed by the positive HIV anti-body or HIV test.
2. Where the Cardholder has received or has applied to receive a similar benefit covering the same interest under any other product or insurance in respect of the period for which the indemnity under this policy shall apply.
- The Cardholder / Insured shall furnish the Company with any information the Company may require (including details of the state of health) in respect of the Cardholder for the benefits hereunder. Prior to acceptance, the Company may, at its sole discretion, require the Cardholder to undergo a medical examination by a legally qualified medical practitioner in the manner the Company deems required or fit.
- The benefits under this policy shall be extended only to Primary Cardholders and not to Supplementary cardholders. However outstanding on the supplementary card is covered.
- All Cardholders are automatically covered at the commencement date of cover. Cover for First three (3) months will be free of charge for the Cardholders from the date of joining and thereafter will be billed by the Insured. The Cardholders will have the option to withdraw at any point of time. Once withdrawn the Cardholder will not be allowed to rejoin.
- No Benefits shall be paid in respect of a Cardholder who attains the Maximum Coverage Age specified in the schedule of this policy (at which time that Cardholder shall cease to be covered).
- This policy shall continue to benefit the Cardholder effective the Commencement Date, subject to the terms and conditions herein, unless the Cardholder specifically expresses his intention not to be covered and benefited.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary the cover under this policy in respect of the Cardholder shall terminate upon the happening of any one or more of the followng:
- Cancellation of the Cardholder's Credit Card Facility.
- The Cardholder having attained the Maximum Coverage Age specified in the schedule of this policy
- Upon payment of a claim under Section 1 or Section 2 or Section 3 of this policy.
- The Cardholder becomes a defaulter for a period of 90 days;
- Cancellation of the benefits under this policy by the Insured or the Cardholder at any time in accordance with the terms and conditions of this policy.
- The observance by the Insured of the terms of this policy and the truth of the statements and the answers by the Insured in the proposal and other material information provided by the Insured shall be condition precedent to any liability of the Company. If the circumstances in which the insurance contract was entered into are materially altered without the written consent of the Company, the policy shall become null and void.
- If any claim under this policy is in any way fraudulent or unfounded, all benefits under this policy shall be forfeited in respect of the particular Cardholder.
- The maximum cumulative amount of Benefits payable under this Policy for any one person shall not exceed the amount stated herein irrespective of the number of policies in force or the number of Credit Card Facilities in respect of which the Cardholder has obtained a similar benefit as provided under this policy.
Upon happening of an event giving rise to a claim under this policy, the Cardholder/Cardholder's Legal Representatives/Insured shall follow the following procedure
- Give immediate written notice to the Company but not later than 60 days from the Date of Event
- The Insured or the Cardholder or the Cardholder's legal personal representative shall complete the standard claim form issued by the Company and produced at no cost to the Company with such evidence to substantiate the claim to the satisfaction of the Company as the Company may reasonably require;
- The Cardholder or the Cardholder's legal personal representative or the Insured shall submit the following documents:
For Death Claims :
- Death certificate issued by a competent authority in the relevant jurisdiction
- Post mortem report (wherever legally required)
- Police report (if death was due to an accident)
- Medical report with detailed diagnosis and cause of death if required by the Company when the actual cause of death is not clearly mentioned in the death certificate.
- Copy of passport with valid visa page
For Permanent Total Disablement Claims :
- Disability certificate from an authorised medical practitioner to assess disability
- Police report (if disability is due to an accident)
- Medical report with detailed diagnosis, cause of disability and details of treatment given (if any)
- Copy of passport with valid visa page
For Critical Illness Claims :
- Medical report* diagnosing critical illness
- Police report (if critical illness is due to an accident)
- Copy of passport with valid visa page
All documents as indicated above may be required to be produced in original (other than those surrendered to the authorities or the Employer) for verification before the final settlement of claim.
The Insurance Policy is underwritten by Oman Insurance Company Limited. National Bank Of Oman shall not be responsible for Oman Insurance Company's actions or decisions nor shall National Bank of Oman be liable regarding payment of claims under the policy.