National Bank of Oman credit cards can now be used at all your favorite stores to get 6 or 12 months installments with 0% interest on the payments.
The word "Card" means all credit cards issued by National Bank of Oman ("NBO") and the word "Cardmember" means the holder of a Card participating in the Easy Payment Plan or EPP (defined below). These terms and conditions will apply in conjunction with the provisions set out in the NBO Credit Cards Terms and Conditions, which prevails over any previous Terms and conditions with regards to the EPP. All expressions here will have the same meanings as set out in the NBO Card Terms and Conditions except where the context otherwise requires or where express stated to the contrary.
"EPP" means NBO Easy Payment Plan which allows the Cardmember to repay certain Card transaction(s) in monthly installments in accordance with these terms and conditions.
1. EPP is open to NBO Card member accounts ("Card Account") only.
2. Only Cardmembers with good standing or whose Card Accounts are not in default or in breach of the NBO Card Terms and Conditions or are not in over limit are eligible to apply for the EPP. The Cardmember must meet the minimum acceptance criteria determined by NBO when the cardmember applies to NBO for the EPP. (EPP will not eligible for closed a/c, deliquent card holders)
3. The Cardmember must specify in the application to NBO the individual purchase transaction ("Single Purchase") and/or multiple purchase transactions ("Multiple Purchases") (collectively, the "Purchase(s)" and reference to a Purchase is either or a combination of them, as the case may be), which the Cardmember wishes to convert under the EPP ("EPP Amount"). Only Purchase(s) that fulfill these terms and conditions can be converted under the EPP. The EPP does not apply to cash and cash based transactions.
4. The minimum amount eligible for conversion under the EPP is RO100.
5. A Purchase can only be converted under the EPP if the Purchase has been debited to the Card Account but have not been recorded in the current statement of account forming part of the outstanding Current Balance due at the point of the conversion into the EPP Amount under the EPP.
6. The Cardmember must in the application choose a period of time for the payment of the Purchase(s) ("EPP Tenure") under EPP. During the EPP Tenure, the EPP Amount in aggregate must be paid by way of equal monthly installments, "EPP Monthly Installment"). The Cardmember is not at liberty to change the EPP Tenure and/or the EPP Monthly Installment.
7. The approval or otherwise of the cardmember's application will be subject to, among others:-
- the status of the Cardmember's Card Account;
- the status of the transaction at the point of conversion; and
- the discretion of NBO as it deems fit in any case.
8. Subject always to Clause 6 above, the EPP Monthly Installment will be billed to the Cardmember's Card Account commencing on the immediate next statement of account date following NBO's approval of the Cardmember's application.
9. In the event of any delay or failure to pay any EPP Monthly Installment in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the Cardmember's statement of account ("installment default payment event"), such charge as is applicable to the Ordinary Transactions in accordance with the NBO Card Terms and Conditions ("Finance Charge") will apply to the EPP Monthly Installment amount to which is outstanding. Despite so and in addition to the above, in the event of three (3) or more consecutive installment default payment events, all monies due and owing under the EPP, comprising of the total outstanding EPP Monthly Installment and the total unbilled principal of the EPP, together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of all other monies due and owing under the EPP will be due and payable by the Cardmember.
10. Subject to NBO's approval, the Cardmember may at any time cancel his participation in the EPP or elect for early settlement of the EPP Amount by calling NBO Call centre.
11. Without prejudice to any of the clauses or provisions of these Terms and Conditions, if the Cardmember is in breach of any provisions of the NBO Card Terms and Conditions or these terms and conditions or in the event of cancellation of the Card or termination of the Card Account or the Card Account whether voluntarily or involuntarily closed for whatever reason, all monies due and owing under the EPP, comprising of the total outstanding EPP Installment and the total unbilled principal of the EPP together with the applicable Finance Charge and balance of other monies owing under the EPP will immediately become due and payable by the Cardmember and NBO may as it deems fit, charge it to the Card Account where the NBO Card Terms and Conditions will apply to all the said installments or balance remaining, without prejudice to the rights and remedies of NBO under the NBO Card Terms and Conditions.
12. The normal Finance Charge mentioned in the Cards Terms and Conditions is chargeable if the EPP Monthly Installment is not received by NBO in full on or before the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account. Any unpaid EPP Monthly Installment outstanding on the Payment Due Date specified in the statement of account may be capitalized on each Payment Due Date and subject to the applicable finance charges until full repayment of the outstanding amounts. Therefore and in accordance with the NBO Card Terms and Conditions in the event the amount stated in any monthly statement of account to be the Specified Minimum Payment is not received in full, the applicable finance charges shall be levied on the unpaid balance which may include the EPP Monthly Installment or part of it in accordance with the NBO Card Terms and Conditions.
13. The EPP Monthly Installment forms part of the Cardmember's Specified Minimum Payment as defined in the NBO Card Terms and Conditions stated as due in the Cardmember's statement of account.
14. The Cardmember can apply for more than once for EPP so long as the Cardmember qualifies for the EPP in accordance with these terms and conditions.
15. The EPP is valid only up to the EPP Tenure opted by the customer. For the avoidance of any doubt:
- Nothing contained here will be construed as an obligation on NBO to extend the EPP;
- NBO reserves the right to, as it deems fit, vary or change these terms and Conditions from time to time with prior notice by way of posting on NBO Online found at www.NBO.om ("Website"), or in any other manner deemed suitable by NBO. The Cardmembers agree that their participation in the EPP will be considered to be their acceptance of these terms and conditions (which may be varied or changed).
16. All matters of disputes are subject to the final decision of NBO.
17. NBO reserves the right to describe any of the expressions contained here in a different manner in the statement of account and such descriptions in the statement of account will not be construed against NBO as having a different meaning stated here.
The card member who is filling the EPP application during the period from 22nd to 25th of every month – need to note that their transaction may not be converted to EPP as it is the statement cut off period and hence the transaction would be billed. If the cardmember's repayment mode is 100% then it may not be converted into EPP or else if the repayment mode is 5%, the card member's transaction will be converted into EPP.