National Bank of Oman has been accorded the following credit ratings by the industry’s leading rating institutions:
Moody’s (June 2016)
|Bank Deposit||Base line Credit Assessment||Adjusted Base line Credit Assessment||Senior unsecured||Outlook|
The bank's ba1 BCA reflects:
- Oman's Moderate+ macro profile
- The bank's solid asset quality metrics, moderated by high single borrower and sector concentration levels
- Sound capitalization levels
- Solid and improving profitability.
These strengths are moderated by:
- High deposit concentration moderating the modest market funding reliance
- Modest liquidity buffers.
NBO, established in 1973 in Muscat, provides conventional and Islamic products and services to corporates and individuals.
- Moderate+ macro profile supporting the bank's ratings
- Solid asset quality metrics, moderated by high single borrower and sector concentrations
- Sound capitalisation metrics supported by improving profitability
- Modest market funding reliance moderated by high deposit concentrations
- Modest liquidity buffers
- Moderate probability of affiliate support from CBQK in case of need, and very high probability of government
support from Oman authorities in case of need.
Capital Intelligence (June 2016)
| Foreign currency Long-Term||Foreign currency Short-Term|| Bank Financial|
Fitch Ratings (June 2016)
|Short-Term||Viability rating||Support rating||Support rating floor||Outlook|