1. What are the USP's Himayati Elite Life Plan
Following are the USPs of the Himayati Elite Life Plan
- Single Plan, Bundled Benefits – Life Cover, Family Travel and Personal Gadget
- High Life Cover - OMR 100,000
- Provides Lump sum and 25 monthly payouts on Death
- NO medical tests
- Low Premiums
- Covers Annual Family travel (with upto 3 kids) in US Dollars
- Covers personal gadgets – Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smartphones
- 24x7 worldwide coverage
- Simple and quick processing
2. Is the Coverage restricted to Oman?
The coverage is Worldwide – 24x7 for Life Insurance, Annual Travel cover – Outside Oman and Gadgets Protection – Within Oman
3. Is any health checkup required for taking this plan?
NO, there is no health checkup or examination required for taking this plan
4. For Annual Family Travel Cover, how many trips are covered
Unlimited trips outside Oman during the policy period, single trip shall be up to a maximum of 90 days. The customers will have the facility to avail a travel insurance certificate for Visa purposes.
5. What risks are personal gadgets covered against :
Personal Gadgets are covered against Accidental Damage, Theft, Fraudulent Call use, Breakdown and Accidental Loss
6. Is there an excess to be paid while claiming under Personal Gadget Cover
An excess of OMR 30 will be have to be paid by the customer
7. What is the Limit under Personal Gadget Cover
The Sum Insured limit is OMR 500
8. What are the eligibility requirements for taking up this plan.
The Insured Person should meet the eligibility conditions as stipulated by the Bank. The Covered Person and spouse shall be within the age criteria mentioned herein.
- Minimum age at entry : 18 completed years.
- Maximum age at entry : 64 completed years.
- Maximum coverage age : 65 completed years.
The Insured Person should have a valid Oman residence visa for expatriates or National Identity Certificate (Nationals only).
9. What are the Premium payment options?
The premium payment has to be made annually.
10. Is there a free look period under the Policy?
Yes. This policy entitles you full refund of premium if you decide to cancel within first 30 days of enrollment. The Company reserves the right to decline a second application following the cancellation of the first application under this plan, from the same Insured Person.
11. Can I cancel my coverage at any time? Will I be eligible to get a refund after cancelling a policy if Annual Premium is paid in advance?
Yes you can cancel the policy any time, 80% of the unearned Premium shall be refunded on a pro-rata basis for the balance of the months of cover due under the Policy.
12. What if I cease to be a resident of Oman, do I still get the cover?
13. What if the customer already has a Life Insurance Policy or similar plan with other Takaful /Insurance Provider?
This Policy is independent of any other insurance policy held by the Insured Person for Life Insurance Cover however for Worldwide Travel and Gadget Protection this Policy shall not be liable to pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of such loss or damage.
14. Can the benefits under the cover terminate in respect of customer without his instructions?
Yes, under the following circumstances:
- the date the policy is terminated
- the date the named Insured is no longer eligible within the definition of Insured Person;
- the Premium due date if the required Premium is not paid within the Grace Period
- the date the benefits are paid to the extent of the Principal Sum in respect of the Insured Person
- the date the Insured Person(s) has attained the age of 65 years
15. What is the turn around time in case of a claim Settlement?
The claim settlement would take 15 working days from the date of submission of the complete supporting documents.
16. What would be the documentation in case of a claim?
Annual Family Travel Cover Claims (Certificate of Insurance PLUS)|||
- Certificate of Insurance
- Death Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Post-mortem Report (wherever legally required)
- Police Report (if due to accident)
- Medical Report
- Copy of Passport with valid Visa Page (expatriates) or National identity card (UAE nationals)
- Any other documents as may be required to substantiate the claim.
- Death Certificate
- Police Report
- Disability Certificate from an authorised medical practitioner to assess disability
- Police Report , Medical Report
Emergency Medical Claims
- Detailed Medial report
- Invoice for medicines/facilities
- Air ticket
- Cash receipt by hospital
- Proof of repatriation expense
Cancellation & Curtailment Claims
- Death or medical certificate of Insured Person's close relative causing cancellation of trip
- Evidences of other reasons for cancellation
Travel Delay Claims
- Written confirmation from the airline or shipping line with reason and period of delay
Delayed Baggage Claims
- Written confirmation from the airline or shipping line stating the reason and period of delay
- Bills and invoices for emergency consumables
Loss of Personal Money/Baggage claims
- Written confirmation from carrier that baggage is "non-traceable" or "lost"
- Police report, Airlines, Shipping Lines in respect of loss of baggage
Loss of Passport claims
- Copy of notification given to the nearest Embassy
- Written report from Embassy ,
- Police Report
Personal Liability Claims
- Notice of claim lodged on the Insured by
- Copies of Correspondence exchanged between Insured and third party
Personal Gadget Cover Claims|
Theft or Loss Claims
- Crime reference/Lost Property number and a copy of the Police Crime report – within 24 hours
- Contact network provider within 12 hours
All Claims (within 30 days)
- Claim form issued by the company
- Police Crime Reference/Lost Property Number (where applicable)
- Proof of violent and forcible entry (where applicable)
- Proof of purchase
- Any other requested documentation.
17. What are the main exclusions?
For High Value Life Insurance
- Active participation in any war,
- Engaged in aviation, gliding, or any other form of aerial flight other than as a fare paying passenger or pilot or crew
- Any breach of Criminal law
- Attempted suicide within 1 year
- Any deliberate self-inflicted injury
- Accidental or deliberate spread or use of Nuclear, Biological or Chemical material
- Infection HIV, Aids
- Terminal Illness, Kidney Failure and Cancer within 12 months
- Death due to Pre-existing medical condition within 6 months
For Annual Family Travel Cover
- Active participation in any war
- Use of radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties
- Supersonic Travel
- Direct/Indirect effects of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), AIDS
- Any willful self-injury, suicide, attempted suicide, deliberate exposure to exceptional danger
- alcohol abuse, drug abuse , any anxiety or depression;
- pregnancy or childbirth if the baby is due during the Covered Trip or within 12 weeks of the end of the Covered Trip;
- engaging in flying of any kind other than as a passenger;
- motor cycling more than 125cc, no driving license
- Undertaking any form of hazardous work
- Competing in or practicing for speed or time trials, sprints or racing of any kind;
- Engaging in active services in the Armed Forces of any nation.
- Journey is undertaken against the advice of a currently qualified medical practitioner.
- Any property or expense more specifically covered under any other insurance.
- fraudulent use of credit cards
- attempt to commit an unlawful act
- Costs which would have been payable if the event giving rise to a claim had not occurred.
- Journey that exceeds the 90 days duration of cover.
- Pre-existing diseases of any kind.
- Consequential loss of any nature.
- contributed to by an act of terrorism
For Gadget Protection
Note: For a gadget without SIM or PCIMA card capability, all exclusions relating to SIM or PCIMA cards are not applicable.
- The amount of the excess which applies to each and every claim
- Any theft or loss unless supported by a Police Report.
- Any claim involving theft or loss unless reported to the appropriate local Police authorities within 24 hours
- Theft of the gadget from unoccupied premises unless there is evidence of violent and forcible entry to the premises.
- Theft of the gadget left unattended in a public place
- Theft of the gadget from the person unless force, pickpocketing or threat of violence is used.
- Theft or loss of, or accidental damage to, the gadget whilst on loan to anyone else other than your immediate family.
- Loss or theft of, or damage to, additional equipment or accessories other than SIM or PCIMA cards
- Any claim where the IMEI/Serial number cannot be determined from covered gadget.
- Any loss of or damage to information or data or software
- Any claim resulting from the failure of any electrical or computer equipment,
- Routine repairs or other costs
- Any kind of damage whatsoever unless the damaged gadget is provided for repair.
- Reconnection costs or subscription fees of any kind
- The cost of replacing any personalized ring tones or graphics, downloaded material or software
- Any expense incurred as a result of not being able to use the gadget
- Any claim where the loss occurred during the exclusion period